Location: Dar es salaam
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a local registered Non Government Organisation first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of ophthalmic and rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise.Through different development programmes under CCBRT the community and the most vulnerable are served. Committed to preventing life long disabilities wherever possible.
CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is currently constructing a Maternity and Newborn Hospital. In order to strengthen our Ophthalmology services and upcoming expansion service, we are looking for experienced Ophthalmologist.
- Diagnose, treat diseases and injuries of eye, examine patients for symptoms indicative of organic or congenital ocular disorders and determine nature and extent of injury or disorder perform various tests to determine vision loss,
- Prescribe and administer medications and perform surgeries if indicated.
- Direct remedial activities to aid in regaining vision, or to utilize sight remaining by writing prescriptions for corrective glasses and instructing a patient in eye exercise, develop and implement plans and procedures for ophthalmic services.
- Take part with colleagues within the eye department in the management both acute, non- elective and elective patients, this involves both inpatient management and outpatient follow up as appropriate, provide ophthalmic consultation to other medical professionals whenever needed.
- Provision of ‘wrap around’ assessment and treatment services for patients referred by junior doctors and working in conjunction with other members of the multidisciplinary team, provide the appropriate treatment in line with clinical criteria, to participate in medical audit, consultant appraisal and in continuing medical education and assisting on planning ,implementation and management of the ophthalmology services.
- Masters Degree in Medicine with specialization in Ophthalmology from recognized institution
- At least 3 years of practical in service experience as ophthalmologist in a hospital
- Preferably experience in sub-Sahara Africa
- Registered with respective medical council
- Research experience is an added advantage
- English mandatory – Swahili preferable
- Effective communications skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independent
- Effective strong skills and strong teaching skills
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role, and why you want to work for CCBRT in particular. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: email@example.com
Please indicate job reference number: 2020- 01 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st January 2020