Reporting Line: Chief, Retail Banking
To builds an effective network of internal and external relationships, such as community and industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert sales opportunities
To Manage risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risks, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks
To promote portfolio growth by implementing the approved strategic direction of the bank. Also, develop a strong understanding of customer needs by focusing on customer experience and creating strong brand awareness to deliver targeted customer propositions.
- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service; develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Manage business banking portfolio; grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and while deepening relationships with existing clients. Also, by leading banks strategy to grow deposits, increase share of fee income, increase loans and manage margins by selectively growing assets.
- With the knowledge of business banking, credit and risk management, identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationship management team (RMs), Business Bankers and Loan Officers that will be calling on existing clients to truly understand their businesses and analyze product and service growth opportunities that ensures profitability of portfolio.
- Develop and manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Track sales and activity performance on key metrics within the Zones to ensure employee productivity is meeting and/or exceeding market standards.
- Prepare budget and ensure that the objectives are met, also prepare and implement the MSME & SACCOS strategy of the bank and manage all related activities.
- Leading the team for product development, implementation, pricing and streamlining portfolio in order to improve customer experience, reduce cost-to-serve and maintain competitiveness.
- Work closely with Zonal Managers in managing business centers though out the network
- Responsible for launching and management of NMB Business Clubs in an efficient manner to realize benefit of these business clubs.
- Responsible for hiring and developing talent for the unit, work with HR to create a clear succession and/or development plan by identifying key employees to develop into senior roles within the bank.
- Maintain and observe Banks control standards, implement and observe compliance policy, including timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Protect both customer’s and bank’s information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy. Be vigilant in driving staff behavior as per NMB values, and thereafter holding them accountable for any violation of policy.
Skills And Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Business Banking/SME products, services and processes together with exposure in retail banking branch operations or customer service delivery.
- Profound understanding of SME market, key competitors and offerings as well as our competitive edge to win and retain quality customers.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania
- Extensive knowledge and proven sales success with the Bank’s products and services
- Understanding of local operating markets and their corresponding span(s) of control.
- Strong credit analysis skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, negotiation, communication, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in managing people is critical.
- Ability to operate independently at a high level
- Ability to perform well under pressure
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking/ Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant business field
- Minimum 7 years proven and progressive business development, sales management and credit background
- 5 years proven and progressive business banking management experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of leadership and line management at a senior level.
- Must be comfortable operating at senior management level and interacting with other senior representatives (internal or external), corporate partners and other stakeholders
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY