Innovation Africa (iA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization is a team of dedicated problem solvers with a mission to bring solutions and know-how to those in need.
In alignment with the organizational goal of implementing solar and water pumping systems in Tanzania, we are currently looking to assign a field officer responsible for project identification, community sensitization, project implementation and monitoring and evaluation. Field officers will report to the respective Project manager. Candidates should expect to travel to the field to search for new projects, oversee the construction for on-going projects and monitor projects already established.
Reports To: Project Manager
- Prospective projects research, including driving independently to the field according to the manager's working plan, meeting with communities and leaders, filling forms and updating international teams.
- Manage new projects progress, including conducting community mobilization and oversee technical implementation of iA’s projects.
- Monitoring and Evaluating current projects, according to the Project Manger’s working plan
- Office work- filling forms, submitting reports, taking pictures and uploading them, answering emails.
- Manage and fully participate in visits from international team, donors and guests
- The consulting services to be provided may require services to be provided outside of normal working hours, including on weekends or holidays
- Respond any communication such as email or whatsapp within a timely manner (24-48 hours)
- Executing any other task required by the Project Manager and according to the work plan.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team-player with community project experience. Detail orientation, problem-solving, and passion for human development are a must. Those with a Bachelors Degree are encouraged to apply. If you’re the right person for this position, you will have general knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Requirements/Other: This job requires regular travel, including some weekends, throughout the relevant region.
As an international organization, our team is spread out between NY, Israel and Africa, and team members are constantly on the move. We strive to use technology solutions to keep our staff in close contact despite our travel schedules, and are all frequently on the phone, on Skype, Whatsapp and more. This position requires the ability to keep up with this fast paced environment, and to be comfortable working with colleagues across time zones and continents.
Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to email@example.com
Please make the file name your full name. Due by December 04th 2019.