Njombe Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (NJUWASA) is an autonomous entity charged with the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Njombe Township. NJUWASA was established under the auspices of The Water Supply and Sanitation Act No 12 of 2009, It has mandate to Supply water and sanitation services within Njombe town and it is still in category C water utility. NJUWASA performs its duties under the pilot and supervision of the Board of Directors with functions and responsibilities as well stipulated in the Water Works Ordinance and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Njombe Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority is one of the competitively best authorities in the Tanzanian water Sector, supplying clean and safe water services in the Njombe Township area. The Authority is seeking for qualified and highly motivated Individual to fill the Vacancy of Managing Director. The qualified Managing Director shall be recruited on a renewable contract term of four-year period, and will serve for the maximum of two terms.
Scope of the position and expected outputs:
The holder of this position is the Managing Director of the Authority, and is responsible for overall management of the Authority.
Position and relationship: Reports to the Board of Directors.
Supervises the Technical Manager, Commercial Manager, Financial Manager, Human resource Manager and Administration Manager as well as all Heads of units in the Managing Director’s office.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To be chief accounting officer of Njombe Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority.
- To be a Secretary and chief advisor of the Board of Directors.
- To ensure provision of adequate and Quality Water and Sanitation services.
- To be spokesperson of Njombe Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority responsible for the implementation and execution of the policies laid down by Board of Directors.
- To be chief executor of all NJUWASA contracts, agreements, leases, deeds and litigation to which the organization is legally subjected to.
- To develop and recommend to the Board of Directors, the long term and short-term plans and strategies for achieving the organization’s objectives.
- To plan, organize and control all types of resources, functions and activities of NJUWASA.
- To oversee development of Manpower plans, staffing levels, Manpower selection/recruitment of the right quality and proper Manpower utilization.
- To review NJUWASA investment targets, Project plans and budget.
- To prepare and maintain NJUWASA Manpower plan, refinement of job descriptions and management of the hiring process
- To prepare, monitor and control NJUWASA operating budget.
- The applicant must be a Tanzanian;
- Holder of a Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Processing Engineering, Water Laboratory Technology, Environmental or Sanitary Engineering qualifications from a recognized University/lnstitution with working experience of at least Twelve (12) years in the Water sector, five (5) of which must be at a senior management position in a reputable institution and should be registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
- Must have a strong background on strategic management. Possession of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Finance, and Economics is an added advantage.
- Has good interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Has demonstrated good leadership qualities,
- Is willing to serve as the Managing Director.
- Is well suited to competently and honestly perform the functions and duties of a Managing Director;
- The candidate must possess high levels of initiative, integrity, enthusiasm, accountability and creativity;
- Age between 35 and 55.
- The post carries competitive remuneration packages, according to the authority’s newly reviewed market focused pay salary scheme and other entitlements commensurate with the respective position.
If you meet the above criteria kindly comply with the following conditions;
- Send a signed application letter with an updated and detailed personal Curriculum Vitae showing age, present employer and position, Current Salary and other benefits, day time working telephone number, names and contact addresses of three referees.
- Applicants must attach certified copies of their credentials.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education must be certified by NECTA and Certificate from foreign Universities must be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
- Presentation of forged certificates or other information shall attract not only disqualification but also commencement of Legal actions.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the Interview.
Application should reach the undersigned not later than 20th November, 2019.
The Board Chairman,
Njombe Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O BOX 81,