Job no: 492301
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam, Tanzania – Kagera, Tanzania – Kigoma, Tanzania – Mara, Tanzania – Mwanza, Tanzania – Pwani, Tanzania – Tanga
Categories: Strategic Information/Surveillance/Monitoring & Evaluation
The Strategic Information (SI) Specialist will provide technical support to the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities of the proposed project, and also lead activities to enhance the health information system (HIS) in PEPFAR priority countries, including improving data tools, data quality, access and use. The SI Specialist will provide support to the HIS project team and in the design and implementation of HIS strategies, data quality assurance, associated frameworks and methodologies, data analytics, as well as knowledge management.
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding.
- Provide guidance to ICAP’s project team and collaborative partners to support ministries of health (MOH) to strengthen national tools and processes for data access and utilization, to effectively and efficiently scale up and deliver HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
- Support ICAP’s project team in the development and implementation of an evaluation performance measurement plan (EPMP) that promotes continuous program quality improvement to meet the facility, district, provincial, and national targets that lead to the HIV/AIDS 95/95/95 goals.
- Assist ICAP’s project team in the development and implementation of M&E plans, including data analysis, synthesis, and utilization alongside facility level data of the clinical cascade (case identification, linkage, ART initiation, adherence, and retention).
- Support the team to understand the data needs for stakeholders at all levels of the M&E system, including communities, health facilities, districts and regions.
- Guide and assist ICAP’s project team to build and continually strengthen MOH capacity at multiple levels, through the utilization of data to monitor and improve program performance.
- Support the project’s team in the effective design, review, and implementation of the project’s M&E plan in accordance with National Strategic Plans, including the development of illustrative indicators, activities, action steps, and outputs.
- Provide guidance of the development of efficient systems for project staff to collect and compile relevant information for both routine and special reports.
- In coordination with the Project Director and technical staff, assist with the preparation of consolidated reports that include concise narratives and relevant tables and/or graphs to meet reporting requirements of donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure that robust electronic data collection tools and systems are in place to manage and use aggregate level M&E data.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Advanced degree in health informatics, epidemiology, public health or related area.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience in M&E for HIV, HIS or related public health programs in resource limited settings.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating the dissemination and use of program data.
- Demonstrated competence in knowledge management.
- Strong data management and analysis skills, and advanced knowledge of electronic information systems and deployment of database systems.
- Experience working with CDC, PEPFAR, U.S. Government or other bi-lateral donors preferable, with strong familiarity with CDC reporting requirements.
- English essential with the ability to converse in a local language(s) preferable.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2019