Job title: Laboratory Technician
Immediate Supervisor: Facility In charge
Secondary Supervisor: Council Project Coordinator
Job grade:Grade 1
Duration Six Months with possibilities of Extension
Location: Iramba, Singida (1)
The Laboratory technician’s key responsibility will be carrying out day to-day testing services and assisting with the implementation of the quality management system at the facility. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support on the areas of clinical laboratory testing, quality management systems implementation and on-site staff training during continuous education provided at the facility. This position requires good laboratory basic knowledge and skills in applied Molecular Biology and Virology, Serology and Microbiology in addition to competency in medical laboratory science practice. As a Laboratory technician, shall work as part of a team contributing to the goals and objectives of USAID Boresha Afya (EGPAF) and the facility. This position reports to the facility in charge, also will be required to submit weekly/ monthly/ quarterly and as needed updates on HVL/ EID testing services to EGPAF responsible laboratory officer and council project coordinator.
- All clients from high volume sites receive quality HIV care, this includes provision of HTS, HVL, CD4 services.
- Mentoring, coaching and reporting is being done frequently and higher authority (project offices/ country office) is being consulted for any immediate technical assistance.
- Reporting and documentation is done completely and accuracy.
- Performance of project indicators is improved and maintained.
Education And Experience
A Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology/Sciences. A degree in Medical Laboratory Technology/Sciences will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Certified Health Laboratory practitioner is an added advantage.
- Certificate/proof of registration with The Health Laboratory Practitioner's Council of Tanzania
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Outlook)
- Should be fluent in both Kiswahili and English
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under minimum supervision, and to work under pressure and tight schedule.
How To Apply
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
As you apply kindly indicate on the subject line the region of your interest/ choice.
Submissions To Be Sent To
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwaikibaki Road, Morocco
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: October 15th, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.