Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist X6
Job no: 492285
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam, Tanzania – Kagera, Tanzania – Kigoma, Tanzania – Mara, Tanzania – Mwanza, Tanzania – Pwani, Tanzania – Tanga, USA
Categories: Strategic Information/Surveillance/Monitoring & Evaluation, Technical/Clinical/Quality Improvement/Training
Position Summary: The Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist is responsible for designing and implementing a strategic vision for electronic systems to analyze, report, visualize, and disseminate program data. S/he will work closely with the Project Director and project team to implement innovative data visualization tools.
- Working in close coordination with the Project Director and other technical leads, manages the development and execution of a roadmap for new and/or existing applications or initiatives to support data management, analysis, visualization, and use.
- Oversees the creation and dissemination of analytic datasets to the project team, the donor, the Ministry of Health (MOH), and key stakeholders.
- Advises on data management systems security and compliance with national guidelines.
- Works with ICAP’s New York-based informatics team to develop user-friendly front-end interfaces, automated routinely generated reports, queries, and analytic datasets.
- Leads efforts to develop robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization.
- Supports increased data use across the project for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Supports preparation of regular and ad hoc data products.
- Collaborates with and supports requests to examine data in key content areas.
- Lead analysis for program M&E using routinely collected service delivery data.
- Generate summary reports for reporting and program M&E.
- Develop and implement analysis trainings for ICAP staff and partners.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of codebooks, user guides, documentation, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed for project strategic information (SI) systems.
- Proactively maintains knowledge of recent developments such as “big data” analytics applications and data visualization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, computer science, information management, or related discipline.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Experience managing and analyzing large databases and experience with advanced statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL, HTML, Java Framework and tools, Microsoft Office Applications, PHP and database-driven website development.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerBi or Tableau.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems in sub-Saharan Africa, experience in Tanzania preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing date: 15 Dec 2019