MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
PMTCT AND EID ADVISOR – 2 posts
Location: LINDI &TUNDURU OFFICES Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee planning, implementation and M&E of PMTCT and EID program and services under the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program, in her/his respective council(s).
- Lad implementation of key program initiatives – in her/his unit – to address program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, Option B+, male involvement, tracking of motherinfant pairs, follow-up of EID results in line with national guidelines.
- Provide TA to the R/CHMT and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT and EID services.
- Work with R/CHMT to ensure that supported facilities implement integrated and comprehensive package of PMTCT and EID services at all levels through: o Participation in supportive supervision with R/CHMTs
- Participate in capacity building and implementation of the national guidelines and tools forPMTCT and EID services.
- Be responsible with the achievement of program targets for PMTCT and EID services o Strengthen systems for M&E of PMTCT and EID (paper tool and/or software) and ensure their availability and proper use at all supported facilities
- Support the capacity building activities in collaboration with R/CHMTs to identify training/mentorship needs at the supported facilities and organize trainings/mentorship program for facilities level staff using currently recommended national curriculums.
- Identify, conduct capacity building and effectively engage key community resource personsincluding CSOs, mother peers-to accelerate tracking of missing mother-infant pairs.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of PMTCT and EID data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize PMTCT and EID data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in PMTCT and EID, design and implement CQI initiatives to address the gaps identified.
- Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on PMTCT and EID services as assigned by line manager.
- Support and advise the line manager on all PMTCT and EID issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
- Basic degree in Medicine or Nursing.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing public health programs/ services.
- 2 years’ technical expertise in PMTCT and EID programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH don’t have any agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Applications should be submitted by 11th November, 2019, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted