For effective implementation of its duties and responsibilities, TCRA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies in its establishment.
Job Position: SENIOR TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEER II- One Position
Carrying out installations, monitoring, repairing and maintaining communications equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN) carry out new installations, fault restorations and upgrades to enable efficient operations of the TTMS
- Carry out configurations and installation of software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Manage TTMS data flows and ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Attend all issues related to support as escalated by NOC team by troubleshooting the TTMS network and data sources in operator platforms
- Manage the health status of the TTMS infrastructure including initiations/formulation of new applications to achieve the same.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication)
- Maintain a complete TTMS Infrastructure technical documentation
- Maintain configurations of all equipment in the TTMS network
- Carry out drills for the disaster recovery preparedness.
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Holder of at least Master Degree in Telecommunications, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions with working experience of at least seven (7) years in related field. Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as Professional Engineer.
A: Essential Skills/Abilities
- Familiarity with MS Office, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Familiar with mobile telecommunication networks including 2G, 3G and 4G networks as well as computer networking and all related systems and devices.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, BICC and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF etc)
- Ability to work with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNA, CCNP)
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g shell scripting, Python, Perl, R)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills,
- Ability to work independently
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems including core network, access networks and Operation and Maintenance Systems
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili languages;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage complex and delicate tasks;
- Results and Performance-Driven with commitment to realization of the Authority’s Strategic objectives.
A person with good communication skills, orally articulate, good written communication skills, good writer, good analyser, good listener and critical thinker;
Ability to draw reasonable, logical conclusions or assumptions from limited information;
Display a great deal of creativity and pays attention to details;
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate
- Applicants who will attach copies of the folowing certificates wil not be considered;
- Form IV and form VI results slips
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- Applicant who have retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
The post applied for; should be clearly marked on top of the envelope and addressed to:
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O. Box 474,
14414 DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for application is Monday 4th November 2019;
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview,
treated as criminal offence and legal action shal be taken