Location: Dar es salaam
We at SPENN are looking for a Financial Manager with a great motivation! As a Financial Manager of SPENN you will be overseeing all financial activities and will have input on a global level across our company. You will be assisting the Country Manager in running the business, analyzing the market and customer behavior and making sure the accounting is efficient and in accordance with local and international law. You will be the direct link to the CFO and the financial team on a global basis. This means that the work you do could have a global effect and the insights you bring will affect many people.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
Blockbonds AS, a Norwegian Fintech company have created the mobile banking application, SPENN. SPENN makes cost-free banking accessible for anyone who holds a smartphone. Our SPENN app unties the unbanked with the banked population that primarily are in developed countries. Currently, the unbanked is serviced with expensive payment solutions, with the most marginalized people in the world being forced to pay the highest fees. This is something that we aim to change, with our mission to empower all people through offering free access to the financial system through SPENN. We are currently live in 7 countries, with a successful launch in Rwanda expecting 5,000 customers in the 1st day whilst achieving 150,000 customers. Our company is global with offices across Norway, London, Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Zambia and Philippines.
Who we are looking for:
A person with attention to detail as well as great presentational skills. You enjoy structure and finding efficient modern solutions to old problems. You have a strong integrity and are not afraid to
speak up or make well calibrated decisions in the company’s favour. You are a team player who will work close with the CFO, Country Manager and other department heads to help make SPENN a
success in your market.
- Running budget for liquidity for your market
- Prepare and present general market analysis (SWOT, PESTEL)
- Analysis of customer behavior
- Financial modelling for your market
- Automating and managing company’s accounts with assistance of external accountant
- Ensure proper accounting and establish procedures for financial flows
- Assist the CFO and global financial team on larger questions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting
- Perfect English skills
- 3+ years of experience within accounting and data/market analysis
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to handle and dissect large amounts of data and present it clearly
- Great presentational skills in Power Point and Excel
- Proficiency in Excel, advantageous if you master other analysis tools
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of IFRS standards preferable with emphasis on transfer pricing and external owners
- Ability to create clear budgets and automate the budgeting process with the accounting software’s we use
- Experience with online accounting systems such as Xero and QuickBooks
Company Perks & Benefits:
- Great work environment
- Working for a socially good cause
- Global tasks and responsibilities
- Sufficient equipment
- Paid leaves
This position is located in central Dar es Salaam.
Here at SPENN we believe that everyone should have equal access to banking services no matter your social, geographical or financial position. If you share our values and fit the role of our new
Finance Manager we would love to have you apart of our team working together striving for success!
How to Apply
Please send your CVs or Resume + Portfolio to CM at: firstname.lastname@example.org