Program Officer (1 Post)
Duty station: Arusha
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide childcare organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the project as per annual plan
- Facilitate the identification of the beneficiaries of the program
- Support communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels
- Conduct the capacity building to the beneficiaries of the program
- Facilitate families’ access to essential services required to fulfill their children’s developmental needs and rights.
- Facilitate Capacity building of families as well as the community.
- Keep up-to-date information regarding beneficiaries and services provided
- Conduct regular field visit to the area of the program intervention
- Prepare reports to be shared to different levels within and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Sociology; from recognized institutions.
- At least two years working experience preferably with NGO/ INGO in this field.
- Basic facilitation skills.
- Basic Knowledge of Gender, Child rights and Advocacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills especially Microsoft word, Excel & the Internet.
- A good command of both oral & written English
- Must have a valid driving license
How to apply
If you are interested to be part of this dynamic team and become a change agent then send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date is one week after the first Advert. There for the Deadline will 6 November, 2019.
PIease Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted