|Helen Keller International|
Program Manager – Trachoma F&E NTD Programs
Country Overview: Established in 1984, the HKI-Tanzania office works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoH), local NGO’s, and other national and international development partners in the areas of nutrition and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), particularly trachoma. Scope of the Position: HKI-Tanzania supports trachoma elimination activities in Tanzania as both a Surgical Implementing Partner and the Coordinating Partner through several donor-funded programs. In anticipation of possible future funding for Face Washing and Environmental Interventions (F&E) to sustain trachoma elimination gains to date, HKI-Tanzania is seeking a dynamic and collaborative individual who has experience in WASH, behavior change, and NTD programs.
Reports to: Head of NTD Programs
Direct reports: Program Officer(s)
Duration: 12 months with possibility for extension
- Work closely with government partners at MoHCDGEC (NTDCP, WASH department, Health Promotion Unit), MoE (School WASH Programs), and TAMISEMI to advocate for integration of facial cleanliness and corporal hygiene promotion into current government-led interventions and programs.
- Assist the Head of NTD Programs to implement trainings, workshops, meetings, and other events required in order to advance the program’s integration goals.
- Plan, develop, and support direct F&E interventions in communities if requested by donor(s).
- Contribute to efforts to expand access of improved hand- and face- washing technologies to target communities through engagement of the private sector.
- Conduct supervision and monitoring and evaluation visits in communities, and collect and analyse data on the effectiveness of program interventions
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual work plans, reports, presentations, and detailed budgets for the overall program.
Helen Keller International October 2019
Assist in the coordination of in-country partners including the Government, decentralized institutions, and specialized institutions as appropriate.
Provide HKI and project stakeholders with relevant updates, reports, and success stories and lessons learned on a regular basis.
Facilitate the donors’ field visits and key meetings and ensure proper follow-up.
Manage activity budgets and ensure that funds are spent according to donor and HKI policy, and assist with providing accurate financial and narrative reports.
Work with HKI and NTDCP teams to identify challenges to achieving the goal of trachoma elimination and develop and implement solutions to overcome those challenges.
Desired Qualifications, Experiences and Conditions
- Must possess either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus three (3) years’ experience, OR eight (8) years’ experience in implementing a similar program.
- Significant public health program management experience.
- Experience working with Community Health Workers and local government authorities (LGAs) in Tanzania
- Technical skills in behavior change communication, WASH and NTD programs preferred
- Strong program planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with development projects with International NGOs, bi- and multi- lateral donors
- Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and a working knowledge of English
- Should be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to TZ.Recruitment@hki.org noting the specific job title in the subject line. Applicants should clearly describe any experience
working on trachoma or WASH projects in their cover letter. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2019