The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, World-Class Regulatory Authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the Electricity, Petroleum, Natural Gas and Water sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Post Title: Senior Records Management Officer
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Senior Records Management Officer will be responsible for monitoring records by ensuring its proper maintenance and retrieval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in managing all aspects of the registry functions, which includes.
- Management of both electronic and physical public registers, open and confidential registry and library.
- To supervise receipt, recording and filling of incoming and outgoing mails.
- To keep public register, registry and library records in various forms.
- To prepare and ensuring proper record management of files and other documents.
- To establish and maintain appropriate information systems for keeping track of file movements.
- To ensure information required by other officers is delivered in time.
- To establish and maintaining library information system which shall include public and staff catalogue and archive materials.
- To effectively supervise and guide staff member(s) reporting to the job position.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in records management, archive or library management.
- Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Registration with a recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Possession of at least five (5) years’ work experience in the field.
Tenure and Remuneration
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 25th October,2019.
All electronic applications should be channelled through firstname.lastname@example.org while hardcopies should be physically submitted to the Director General, EWURA Headquarters in Dodoma.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857 DODOMA