ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN II (PLUMBERS)- (5 Post)
The successful candidate will report to Water Production, Maintenance and Repair Engineer.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
Holder of Form Four/six Certificate with Trade Test/CbeT Grade II/level II/ NVA/VCII in Electrics and filter Mechanics or Plumbing from a recognized learning Institution.
Age Limit between 18 and 45 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair all water leakages as detected
- Installs customers’ water meters.
- Participates in rehabilitations of water supply structures.
- Monitors and reports unauthorized water connections.
- Reports water losses, distribution faults and takes immediate measures to resolve problems.
- Carries out water disconnections of debtors and reconnections. After payments.
- Maintains proper records of water connections/disconnections and reconnections carried out.
- Prepares appropriate tools and materials required for execution of repairs/or new connections
- Ensures all pipes installations, repairs and maintenances are properly aligned v Ensures all water pipes bursts are properly repaired.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
According to MAUWASA Salary Scale : MWAS 3/ TGS B
Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, E-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Testimonials and results slips and statement of results are not accepted
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS or any other courier, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 14th October, 2019.
MAGU URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATIONAUTHORITY
P.O. Box 52,