Position: Internal Auditor
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit & Investigation
Core Function: his position is to provide independent assurance that an VFT's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Performs audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and professional standards Carries out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan
- Periodically review, appraise and advice accordingly the soundness, adequacy and efficiency of accounting, finance, MIS, HR and other internal controls
- Perform operational reviews and appraise on the cost effectiveness and efficiency with which resources are employed in the all VFT MFB business processes
- Review and advice degree of VFT-MFB compliance to its internal policy Coordinate and facilitate the external and global audit exercise
- Review and test controls in IT systems and functions to ensure the integrity and security of information and continuity of operations.
- Provides investigative services, as the need arises and if possible recommends the change on policy and procedures arising from the cases investigated in order to strengthen the Bank's risk management systems.
Education & Special/Personal Abilities
- University degree in Bcom. in Accounting with IT Knowledge or a degree in Information Technology/Computer Information System or related background
- Minimum of four years' work experience as an auditor or IT Auditor with three years audit experience or IT Auditor in a Microfinance Banking institution or in any Financial Institution.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is an added advantage
- Excellent character and unquestionable integrity.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the potential (qualification) to motivate and manage a team.
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of reliability and correctness,
- Good knowledge on general economic and financial matters.
- Good communication and marketing skills
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
Core Function: The purpose of this position is to plan, perform, report and follow-up on specific investigation assignments in Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd under the guidance of the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing investigation engagement memos and develop and implement investigation procedures to validate reported fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
- Leading and/or performing financial and operational investigations in VFT Head Office, Branches and Business centers, involving reported allegations of fraud, waste and abuse in accordance with VFland VFT policies and procedures.
- Examining and evaluating suspected fraud allegations through detailed review and analysis of documentary and physical evidence, contact with claimants, witnesses and experts. The holder will perform fraud investigations and submit reports to the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations, creating and supporting implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk.
- Investigating any reported suspicious activity and report discoveries to the Head of Internal Audit and Investigations; interacting with external partners such as law enforcement agencies, vendors and banks to verify information and determine the validity of the fraud allegations.
- Handle the Whistleblower hotline, receive the whistle blows maintain the whistle-blow register, maintain the whistleblowers with high confidentiality and conducting investigations for whistle-blows related to fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
- Join with the other internal Audit team to conduct the normal audit exercise, whenever there are no fraud cases to investigate.
Key qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Laws, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
- CFE - Certification or related certification in fraud investigation iii. Certified Fraud examiner (CFE).
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant) is an added advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years' professional experience in investigation, auditing Data analysis/data mining skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening and relationship building
- Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Proven ability to promote team-building and interpersonal skills, for successful result
- Good time management for assignments completed in a timely manner
- Experience of the financial institutions investigations or audits
- Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English & Swahili, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present results using strong presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
About our working environment & remuneration, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where employees are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Job application procedure
Application letters stating the position applied with photocopies of certificates and CV's with three referees should be sent EITHER online to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O.Box 1546, Arusha, TANZANIA.
The application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement (Deadline: 18th October, 2019)
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.