Title : Procurement officer
Appointing Authority : Board of Directors
Workstation : Mwanza
Contract duration : Unspecified
Reporting to : Executive Director
Currently it is operating under its Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020, funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida). UTPC is an equal opportunity employer.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- To advise the Executive Director on matters related to procurements
- To prepare the Annual Procurement Plan of the Union
- To perform all the duties of the Secretary to the Tender Board, support the functions of the Tender Board, causes the implementation of the decisions of the Tender Board and advise the Union on tendering issues
- To develop for the Union’s policies, standards and procedures for procurement
- To ensure that there is timely procurement at optimum costs and with regards to quality
- To ensure that all Procurement activities adheres to the Union Procurement policy.
- To recommend proper procurement and disposal by tender procedures
- To establish, evaluate and maintain reliable primary and secondary sources of suppliers to ensure continuity of the Union operations.
- To monitor all available sources on market trend that may have an effect on price or lead timesand then make recommendations for actions to the management
- To devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies within the relevant Acts
- To manage existing procurement contracts by monitoring performance, examining and re – evaluating the contracts and advising accordingly
- To track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- To collaborate with user departments/sections and Union members to ensure clarity of specifications and expectations of the Union.
- To anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- To perform risk management regarding procurement contracts and agreements
- To control, spend and build a culture of long – term saving on procurement costs
- To act as the link between the Union and suppliers
- To ensure preparation of monthly procurement reports and submit monthly the same to the tender board
- To conduct on – job training of his/her subordinates and other staffs of the Union
- To conduct performance appraisal to all subordinate in the section
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Ability to communicate in English and Swahili languages verbally and in written form
Ability to use computer in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Procurement and logistics or equivalent
- Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals/Technicians Board on approved category
- Must have three (3) years experience in procurement duties.
- Must have age between 25 – 45 years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants meeting the above job requirements, should send their applications with detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic qualifications and provide three (3) names of referees with their contact addresses.
Their application should be sent to the
Union of Tanzania Press Clubs.
P.O. Box 314
All applications should be hand written and sent by courier mail service not later than 30th September, 2019 Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants shall be informed.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Any applicant who will make a telephone call to any UTPC official, in respect of his/her application, will automatically be disqualified.