Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 POST)
We are seeking for a qualified and experienced Procurement Officer to replace a vacancy in our procurement department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager and working closely with other executives within the organization, the expected deliverables.
- Receives, reviews and approves IPRs within authority limits.
- Gets approval from Section Managers and MD for IPRs above authority.
- Prepare annual procurement plan and monitor its execution.
- Coordinate purchases for major expenditure through tender board.
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
- Ensures that IPRs are promptly issued for goods and services and LPO/FPOs are approved.
- Follow up and ensures that goods and services ordered are actually delivered as per specifications.
- Monitor consumption, stock and re-order level.
- Ensure that all returns, printed waste, miscellaneous disposable assets and materials are sold in accordance with the approved procedure.
- Liaise with user departments to ensure that all office utilities are readily available and cost effectively used.
- Monitors all insurance matters to ensure adequate cover, settlement of claims and update records.
- Perform annual supplier’s evaluation and communicate feedback for improvements.
- Manage supplier relationship.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic – Basic University Degree in Procurement and Supplies from Reputable Institution.
- Professional – Accredited certification of Procurement.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should apply online through our carrier portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz before October 11,2019 enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY