Faith-Based Community Outreach Coordinator
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
Management and Development for Health will be receiving funds from CDC on implementing Faith and Community based initiatives in Geita region. The FBO initiatives will focus on Men and Children case finding and strengthening justice for children. MDH now seeks to recruit the following position:
Position: FAITH-BASED COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Reports to: REGIONAL PROJECT MANAGER
Duration: 1 year contract (1st October 2019 to 30th September 2020)
The Faith-Based Community Outreach Coordination has the key role of achieving our vision and goals. This position is supposed to meaningfully engage diverse faith communities in building a community of equal opportunity. It is responsible for developing partnerships with congregations, faith leaders, and community groups in order to increase the involvement, awareness, and engagement of diverse faith communities and community based organizations in the two mentioned priorities.
- The coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for all FBO subs to execute faith-based advocacy on men case finding and Justice strengthening for Children
- Coordinate faith leaders involvement in FBO priorities, policy advocacy efforts, special events, and capacity building activities
- Represent MDH in diverse faith communities through public speaking, presentations, and meetings.
- Raise the profile of CDC/PEPFAR faith-based advocacy and organizing initiatives among interfaith communities
- Support Faith Based Program on new initiative to strengthen neighbourhood-based relationships between social service agencies and faith-based institutions.
- Cultivate and leverage relationships with interfaith and social justice in Geita region.
- Work with the interfaith program to develop and maintain updated and accurate contact list of faithbased leaders and organizations
- To supervise and coordinate all community outreach posts in the region
- Develop and implement programs to build the leadership and advocacy capacity of faith leaders and faith-based member agencies
- Perform administrative duties as needed by Faith and community programs and initiatives (e.g., setting up for meetings and events, ordering of photocopy jobs, phone calls, etc.) Perform all other related duties as assigned by RPM/MDH Geita FBO focal.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor degree in SOCIAL STUDIES and COMMUNITY /DEVELOPMENT STUDIES with a minimum of three year experience working with diverse faith-based organizations and communities;
Diploma or degree in Medical field and or public health is an added advantage
Experience and history of working with clergy and faith leaders, both as colleagues and a leader,
Strong commitment to PEPFAR FBO mission; deep understanding of the needs of faith-based institutions Hard working, able to address challenges; committed, flexible, self – motivated and full of initiative.
Excellent writing and speaking skills; experience facilitating meetings and workshops.
Track record of accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines
Experience and demonstrated success in setting goals and objectives, managing outcomes, and developing and using data to inform continuous improvement and decision making.
Interested candidates for the above position should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Sunday 6th October, 2019, to the Human Resource Director through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.