Job Title: Head Finance Operations - Jumia (Full time) - Tanzania
Department Finance - Finance Operations - Accounting
Experience 5+ years
City Dar es Salaam
Jumia Group Intro
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key strategic business decision
- Lead settlements and clearance of financial transactions
- Effectively partner with finance partners to design user-friendly reports to meet the needs of the business and enable greater business insight and more effective analysis and decision support
- Work with Ops vendors to ensure timely execution and accurate reporting
- Set up risk management policies, procedures and parameters; responsible for staff training and communication; audit on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- Develop relationships with management to gain a deep understanding of the business and identify opportunities to influence business decisions
- Lead the implementation of new finance related projects
- Oversee effective reconciliation of partner balance between Operations systems and Accounting systems
- Design new processes and controls for growing business activities
- Develop and execute financial planning processes for expense areas
Required Skills and Qualification
- B.Com in Accounting, Finance, B.Sc (Economics) or a related field
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
- Proven ability to influence finance and non-finance teams through a mixed set of finance skills (commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations)
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills; with the ability to work with cross functional teams and senior management
- Experience of analyzing large volumes of data
- Expertise in PowerPivot & Advanced Excel
- Ability to communicate data-based decisions to individual contributors as well as leadership. You can articulate clearly and defend your decision-making processes.
A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
An unparalleded personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
It is Level C.1 Role where applicant has to manage team members under him on day to day basis.
Competative salary package is awarded for the suitable candidate.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!