Tanzanian Partnerships Manager
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services never previously available.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Tanzania Partnerships Manager
Sokowatch is searching for a Tanzanian Supplier Partnerships Manager to oversee our organization’s growing number of manufacturing partners across Tanzania. The Supplier Partnerships Manager will be responsible for maintaining ongoing positive relationships with companies such as Unilever, Procter & Gamble, and Chandaria across Sokowatch’s various Tanzanian markets. This role will center around improving key terms of supplier relationships, focused on product margins and payment terms. The Supplier Partnerships Manager is a key member of the team, reporting to the East Africa of Partnerships Manager. The role is responsible for a diverse set of business relationships, requiring efficiency and focused prioritization.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The successful candidate will possess:
- Highly motivated and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within country
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for newly on-boarded and existing suppliers
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively monitor organizational sales growth to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Managing Supplier Relations team at a country level
- Monitor and manage all distribution agreement contracts
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Advise, train and mentor junior supplier team members
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com
Closing date October 4, 2019.