POSITION: CARGO SALES OFFICER (2 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATION AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Prospective applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications:-
Must have a Degree in Business Administration/Air Transport Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Must have two (2) years working experience in Cargo Sales or related functions in a highly competitive business environment.
Must be computer literate.
Background in Air Transport Management and possession of IATA/UFTAA Diploma will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To coordinate and supervise cargo activities at all stations;
- To verify and sign cargo damage reports;
- To oversee Ramp staff are advised on the cargo to be uplifted on each flight; activities as per TC recommended procedures;
- To prepare periodical reports;
- To assist in preparation of budget inputs;
- To handle general cargo and Post Office mail bags at point of origin;
- To check incoming cargo and mail against the cargo manifest;
- To prepare arrival advices for all received cargo as per cargo manifest;
- To accept cargo from shippers and prepare for carriage all shipments from agents;
- To handle acceptance of coffins, perishables and courier shipments;
- To forward invoicing particulars to Finance department and
- To manifest all shipments accepted.
All above positions carry’ an attractive remuneration and benefits as per ATCL Salary- Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful Performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following: i. A curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates ( including secondary’ school), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:-
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM
CLOSING DATES: 03 October, 2019.